It’s a question for the ages: What should I wear for my photo shoot? It’s the question I get asked all the time and one I’m more than happy to answer. For some visual inspiration, go here for my monthly What to Wear! series.
Here are some guidelines to help choose the perfect outfits for you and your family:
- Wear something you love that makes you feel beautiful, fresh and fun.
- Wear something that is comfortable.
- Bright colors photograph GREAT! Pastels and especially WHITE do NOT photograph well. (If I show up to your session and you’re wearing white, I will make you change. I’ve done it before. 🙂
- If you have small children, be sure you don’t mind their clothes getting dirty – it’s too stressful for you!
- Think coordinating outfits, but nothing matchy–matchy. Complementary colors and a mix of solids and patterns is FUN! Everyone wearing blue chambray shirts and khaki pants is not.
- Feel free to accessorize. Hair bows, hats, a cape, a crown, a tutu, even a super-hero shirt are all great additions to a photo shoot.
- Bring a change of outfits; let’s mix it up!
- Make sure what you’re wearing reflects YOUR style, not someone else’s.
- If you have ANY questions, email me!